The Rotary Club of San Juan Bautista unites with other Rotary District 5170 Area 6 clubs (Almaden Valley, Gilroy, Gilroy Sunrise, Hollister and Morgan Hill) to support our communities with identified projects, which enhance the quality of life for our residents. Each club's monetary allocation is matched by Rotary International.
On a yearly basis the Area 6 Clubs' projects are rotated thus serving each of the Club's immediate community. Often times each Rotary Club joins in partnership with other organizations, businesses, and agencies to ensure the completion of a determined project. Examples of past projects are: renovation of buildings and new constructed playground areas at the Chamberlain's Children Center in Hollister, improvement of areas at the Henry W. Coe State Park in Morgan Hill, and renovation of the Rota Care Bay Area Inc. facility in Gilroy. Rotarians from each of the Clubs volunteer time to bring each project to fruition.
The 2013-2014 Project: San Juan Bautista Town Plaza Community Project
- Purpose: To create a town plaza in which residents and visitors can picnic, enjoy music and the arts in an inviting historic setting.
- Rotary San Juan Bautista Partners: State Park representatives, the SJB Plaza History Association, and the City of SJB
- Project - Phase I: Lay ADA compliant walkways, whitewash walls, lay mulch, assemble & stain benches, and arbor and gate reconstruction
- Work Crew: Area 6 Rotarians, the State Parks, the City of SJB, the SJB Plaza History Association, local volunteers, and in-kind donations
- Project Phase II: TBD
- Grand Opening: State Parks 150th Year Anniversary (Date to be determined)